Your Attorney Today, Tomorrow, & For Life
Orlando Premises Liability Lawyer
Everyone who owns property, be it residential or commercial, has an obligation to take reasonable care of that property so others aren’t injured. Our Orlando premises liability lawyer is committed to helping people who have suffered injuries get the fair and just settlement they deserve.
Duty of Care in Premises Liability Cases
A property owner is legally responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect the safety of individuals on their premises. This does not mean homeowners or business owners are obligated to prevent every possible bad thing from happening. However, the law requires them to act in a way that a reasonable person would consider appropriate and responsible.
The extent of this responsibility may vary depending on the purpose for which the person is on the property. If someone is invited onto the premises, the property owner has a heightened duty to take reasonable precautions.
When it comes to businesses, customers are generally considered to be invited onto the property simply by the fact that the business is open and operating. Therefore, the property owner is responsible for maintaining a safe environment for their patrons.
Even for uninvited individuals, property owners still have a duty to address potential hazards and provide warnings when necessary.
The responsibilities of a property owner include:
- Identifying and addressing potential hazards: Property owners must be reasonably aware of any dangers on their property and act to repair them, or at least warn visitors of possible danger.
- Regular inspections: Property owners—particularly business owners--should conduct regular safety inspections. Walkways, staircases, parking lots, and other areas prone to accidents should be checked on a regular basis.
- Providing adequate warning: Property owners must use signs, barricades, or other means to warn individuals of potential dangers that they may not be able to immediately address.
Failure to take these, and other steps, can mean that the property owners are responsible for the injuries suffered by someone else on their property.
Call the Law Office of Modoline Altenor today at (407) 378-1606 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We serve clients in Naples, Fort Myers, Winter Haven, and Davenport and can meet virtually for your convenience.
Modoline is by far the best lawyer.
Modoline is by far the best lawyer. I was in a car accident and she was with me every step of the way. She handled my case ...Carla S.
They have the whole package.
Car accidents can go from ruining your day to ruining your life if you don’t have the right legal team to fight on your side. ...DJ M.
They made my well-being a priority and offered realistic outcomes for my case.
I was in a car accident that left me confused and in pain. I had no idea what to do next, all I knew was I needed help. ...Toynesia B.
Modoline Altenor is the BEST! She is very focused, detail-oriented, and follows through.
Modoline Altenor is the BEST! She is very focused, detail-oriented, and follows through. Modoline and her staff are very ...Robin P.
She took care of it all and fought for me until the max.
I got into a car accident and didn’t have a clue about the procedure with a lawyer. When I talked to Modoline she gave me all ...Yoselin L.
She was amazing and helped us get through tough times with some sort of ease.
My fiancé and I got to work closely with attorney, Modeline. She was amazing and helped us get through tough times with some ...Fallon L.
They are the best! She helped with everything and more.
Modoline was amazing! I highly recommend her team. They are the best! She helped with everything and more. I am going to her ...Haley M.
She was awesome she always responded to my calls and emails promptly and was concerned about our well-being.
My son and I were involved in a car accident this past June 2015 and I called Modoline Altenor, she was awesome she always ...Bridget R.
Common Causes of Premises Liability Accidents
These accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, each of which can impact how the investigation of an injury claim will unfold.
Common incidents include these:
- Slippery surfaces: A floor that has just been mopped can be a safety hazard. The same is true of icy sidewalks and parking lots.
- Damaged surfaces: A building that is older or poorly maintained can have potholes, loose carpeting, damaged flooring, and other hazards.
- Bad lighting: Poorly lit areas can make it difficult for people to see obstacles or changes in elevation, increasing the risk of tripping and falling.
- Cluttered walkways: Keeping walkways clear and unobstructed is an important part of the responsibility of maintaining one’s property.
- Dangerous staircases: Falls on staircases can result in severe injuries. Property owners must ensure that staircases are well-maintained, well-lit, and equipped with appropriate safety measures.
These are just a few of the possible ways people can suffer their injuries. Whatever your cause was, don’t hesitate to call on our experienced Orlando premises liability lawyer.
Your Voice When You Need It Most
Recovering from injuries is hard under any circumstances. Dealing with the stress of a lawsuit can be a heavy burden. However, without that lawsuit, you won’t get what you need and deserve. One of the ways to manage recovery is to find legal counsel that takes seriously their responsibility to be your voice, whether that be in negotiations with an insurance carrier, or in a court of law.
The Law Office of Modoline Altenor welcomes the opportunity to be the voice you need at the time you need it most. We’re honored by the client testimonials we’ve received, and we hope you are the next person we help.
Call (407) 378-1606 today.
Many of our clients reach us at one of the hardest moments of their lives. If you have suffered a serious injury or lost someone close to you in an accident, you need more than a lawyer who will fill out the necessary paperwork.
A caring and attentive attorney can not only make the process easier, but also make a difference in the results you get. We are willing to take every action available to give you the legal representation you deserve during a difficult time.