Your Attorney Today, Tomorrow, & For Life
Orlando Car Accident Lawyer
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured in Car Accidents in Naples, Fort Myers, Winterhaven, & Davenport
Accidents happen in life, but sometimes those accidents might have been avoided if drivers exercised appropriate responsibility on the road. If you or someone you love has been the victim of another driver’s negligence, you have the right to get compensation. Our Orlando car accident lawyer will help you work toward the settlement you need and deserve.
The Law Office of Modoline Altenor serves people throughout Naples, Fort Myers, Winter Haven, and Davenport. Call (407) 378-1606 or reach out online today for a free consultation. Our Orlando car accident attorney can meet virtually for your convenience.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Understanding the common causes of car accidents is essential in establishing liability and pursuing a successful claim. Some of the most common causes may include:
- Distracted Driving: In an era that is dominated by smartphones, distractions on the road are rampant. Whether it's texting, talking on the phone, or using in-car entertainment systems, distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents.
- Speeding: Exceeding speed limits not only increases the likelihood of accidents but also escalates the severity of injuries sustained in a collision.
- Reckless Driving: Aggressive driving demeanors like tailgating, sudden lane changes, and disregarding traffic signals contribute significantly to accidents.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs poses a severe risk to everyone on the road. Impaired drivers often lack the judgment and coordination needed to navigate safely.
- Weather Conditions: Unfavorable weather conditions, like heavy rain or fog, can make roads hazardous. Drivers must adjust their behavior to accommodate these challenges.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
Some common injuries in car accidents may include:
- Whiplash: A sudden, forceful motion of the neck, commonly experienced in rear-end collisions.
- Broken Bones: The impact of a car collision can lead to fractures, affecting various parts of the body.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Head injuries can have long-lasting consequences, and TBIs are a serious concern in high-impact accidents.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord may result in paralysis or other debilitating conditions.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Bruises, sprains, and strains are common soft tissue injuries that may not be immediately apparent but can cause lasting discomfort.
What You Should Do After a Car Accident
Taking the necessary steps immediately after an accident matters for your personal health, and it is often crucial to the success of subsequent legal action.
Presuming you are physically able, these are the appropriate steps to take after a car accident:
- Ensure your safety: Move your vehicle away from traffic to a safe area and activate your hazard lights. Check yourself and others involved for injuries. If anyone is injured, call emergency services immediately.
- Contact the authorities: The police will create an official accident report. This is a report that is likely to be respected by a court as an unbiased source of evidence in future legal proceedings.
- Gather information: Exchange contact and insurance details with other drivers. Get photos or videos of the accident scene. We may be able to use this evidence in building your case.
- Identify witnesses: If there are witnesses present, collect their names and contact information. Their statements may support your case if necessary. Our office can follow up with them.
- Seek medical attention: Some injuries are not readily apparent. A doctor’s report in the immediate aftermath of the crash may prove vital to getting a settlement.
- Inform your insurance company: Cooperate with any investigation, but be aware that their interests are not the same as yours. We can help protect your rights.
- Maintain records: Keep a file of medical records, repair estimates, insurance correspondence, and any other related paperwork. This may be valuable in reaching an appropriate settlement figure.
Modoline is by far the best lawyer.
Modoline is by far the best lawyer. I was in a car accident and she was with me every step of the way. She handled my case ...Carla S.
They have the whole package.
Car accidents can go from ruining your day to ruining your life if you don’t have the right legal team to fight on your side. ...DJ M.
They made my well-being a priority and offered realistic outcomes for my case.
I was in a car accident that left me confused and in pain. I had no idea what to do next, all I knew was I needed help. ...Toynesia B.
Modoline Altenor is the BEST! She is very focused, detail-oriented, and follows through.
Modoline Altenor is the BEST! She is very focused, detail-oriented, and follows through. Modoline and her staff are very ...Robin P.
She took care of it all and fought for me until the max.
I got into a car accident and didn’t have a clue about the procedure with a lawyer. When I talked to Modoline she gave me all ...Yoselin L.
She was amazing and helped us get through tough times with some sort of ease.
My fiancé and I got to work closely with attorney, Modeline. She was amazing and helped us get through tough times with some ...Fallon L.
They are the best! She helped with everything and more.
Modoline was amazing! I highly recommend her team. They are the best! She helped with everything and more. I am going to her ...Haley M.
She was awesome she always responded to my calls and emails promptly and was concerned about our well-being.
My son and I were involved in a car accident this past June 2015 and I called Modoline Altenor, she was awesome she always ...Bridget R.
Evidence to Collect in a Car Accident Case
To win a car accident lawsuit, it will be essential to prove that the other driver breached their duty of care. This means showing that not only was the other driver the cause of the accident, but that they operated their vehicle in a way a reasonable person would not have.
Several types of evidence can be instrumental in proving a breach of duty:
- Violation of traffic laws: Speeding, running a red light, and other violations are all strong evidence of breach of duty.
- Eyewitness testimony: Statements from witnesses help establish whether the defendant's behavior deviated from what a reasonable person would have done in similar circumstances.
- Expert analysis: Accident reconstruction experts can analyze physical evidence, vehicle damage, skid marks, and other factors, to help determine what really happened to cause the accident.
- Surveillance footage: If available, video footage from surveillance cameras can provide a clear depiction of the accident and potentially reveal any breach of duty by the defendant.
- Maintenance and vehicle records: Records indicating inadequate maintenance or mechanical failure can be used to prove negligence in vehicle upkeep, thus supporting the claim of a breach of duty.
- Admissions or statements: Any admissions made by the defendant after the accident can be used as evidence. This is why it’s imperative to avoid saying anything committal after an accident. A simple “I’m sorry” might be construed as fault. On the flip side, even saying “I’m okay” could come back to haunt an injured plaintiff.
Every case is different. That means the most helpful and available evidence will also be different in each case. Get our Orlando car accident lawyer involved, so we can work with you in evidence-gathering and presentation.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Car Accident Claim?
Victims of car accidents may be entitled to various damages, and our legal team is committed to securing the compensation you deserve. Potentially recoverable damages include:
- Medical Expenses: Coverage for all past and future medical bills that are related to the accident, including hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for income lost because of missed work during recovery, as well as possible future earnings if the accident results in long-term disability.
- Property Damage: Reimbursement for repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other damaged property.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages to compensate for the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In instances of fatal accidents, surviving family members could pursue damages for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, and more.
Contact Our Car Accident Attorney in Orlando Today
The aftermath of an accident can leave people in a very vulnerable position. A defendant’s insurance company may try to capitalize on that vulnerability with a settlement offer lower than what you deserve. The Law Office of Modoline Altenor is here to protect your interests, negotiate a fair settlement, and go to court if that’s what it takes to get what you need.
Contact the Law Office of Modoline Altenor today to get started with our Orlando car accident lawyer.
Many of our clients reach us at one of the hardest moments of their lives. If you have suffered a serious injury or lost someone close to you in an accident, you need more than a lawyer who will fill out the necessary paperwork.
A caring and attentive attorney can not only make the process easier, but also make a difference in the results you get. We are willing to take every action available to give you the legal representation you deserve during a difficult time.