Lying in your hospital bed, you wonder how you will afford to pay the bills and living expenses stemming from an injury in a motor vehicle crash. Your injuries prevent you from working, and you have temporarily lost your income. Also, medical costs have you worried.
The first step toward paying those bills is to secure an experienced, empathetic and skilled personal injury attorney. He or she will guide you through the legal process all to secure full compensation for your injuries, thus providing you with funds to pay those bills.
An assertive attorney on your side
Understand that your attorney serves as an aggressive negotiator focused on protecting you at every step. An attorney will assertively deal with insurance companies that want your case to go away.
An attorney will advocate for you by pursuing a settlement that covers all your expenses, including:
- Medical costs: Treatment, surgery, lengthy hospital stays and seeing specialists may lead to extreme expenses.
- Lost wages: Your injuries may prevent you from working temporarily or permanently.
- Permanent disability: Your life has taken an unexpected turn, and you may need assistance in everyday matters for the rest of your life.
- Pain and suffering: You may have suffered from great physical pain, mental duress and a permanent disability.
- Costs related to an in-home caregiver: Whether temporary or permanent care, this can be costly.
- Lost and damaged property: This takes a backseat to the physical injuries, however, you still need compensation for your damaged car, personal belongings and other property.
Expect some challenges but, in time, you can overcome them.
Set aside the worries as best as you can
It is natural to worry when faced with personal and financial setbacks. And these may both happen after sustaining an injury in a car crash. Try to put those worries aside. Understand that a reliable attorney can help you secure a settlement that will help you pay your bills.